Automagic decimal places?

Hello there,

Feature request: coins like FXC have a ludicrously low dollar value - it’s currently trading at 1 FXC to 0.00000035 BTC. Is there any chance the UI could detect these tiny rates and intelligently present the value either with more decimal places, or in scientific format perhaps? Depressing to see the coin’s dollar price has gone up 35% from $0.00 to $0.00, even if I can see the value of my holding has gone up in real terms :).

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @robr,

Thanks for the feedback — we’ll work on adding more decimal places here

1 Like

Note that this is covered here and includes a formula: Use significant digits on dashboard

1 Like

Also agree on the need for support for more digits. I’ve noticed issues with both usd and crypto’s not counting all possible digits. There needs to be support for 18 digits to be completely accurate.

On the performance tab, if your average cost is less than .01, it displays “Oops, this doesn’t look right.” A way to dismiss that message and display the correct average cost would help.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @Radavan. We are unlikely to support 18 decimal places for the time being for usability reasons, but your points are valid and we will both work on improving the performance page message and increasing the number of digits displayed.

Hi @robr, @Radavan

We should always be showing at least two significant figures on CoinTracker web now. If you are still seeing any issues, please let us know.

We are unlikely to support 18 decimal places for the time being for usability reasons

what are the usability reasons? ethereum standard is 18 decimals and there are a lot of rounding/dust issues in cointracker due to not supporting 18. thanks.

It’s a fair question. While 18 decimals in a few cases, in the vast majority of cases it makes no difference in accuracy and makes usability worse. We will try to find a compromise and see how we can implement it without degrading the user experience.

This is still one of the most annoying things with CoinTracker. At minimum, at least 4 positions after the decimal should be displayed on the price. For currencies trading less than a dollar, prices in the .000 and .0000 positions are very significant, hundreds of dollars and more. Without this, it is impossible to see if an asset needs attention.

Example: 120,000 shares(coins) x $0.50 = $60,000.00 while 120,000 x $0.51 = $61,200.00

I’d certainly like to know if I’m closer to $0.00 or 1,200 for my gain or loss. I realize the totals are accurate but it would be an immense help to quickly spot issues much quicker without having to go to each exchange individually.