Binance API Key Planned Deletion / IP Whitelisting

Hello,

I just got an email from Binance stating "Your API Key Cointracker is not IP whitelisted and has been inactive for almost 30 days, it will be deleted in 2 days.

To avoid this protective deletion, Binance recommends that you whitelist trusted IP address(es) for the API Key to improve your API security. Please do not disclose your API Key to anyone to avoid asset losses. Be aware that your API Key may be disclosed by authorizing it to a third-party platform."

Does anybody know if it’d be possible to get a proper IP adress from Cointracker that I can register / whitelist on Binance, to make sure my API Key is not deleted automatically ?

Alternatively, there is also the option on Binance to add another API Key only for accounting purposes, which seems like a new feature, but I’m afraid I will have a lot of duplicates if I add a new API Key again on my account, especially since I already did a few adjustments on Cointracker, so I’d like to be able to just use the one that’s been working fine until now if possible, and whitelist a IP Adress from Cointracker.

Thanks in advance for your help, if anybody can!

Hi
I have just received the API 2 day warning from Binance also
How do I whitelist the API key?
Please advise

same here, there’s a list of IPs here which I’m guessing will work

Those are Cointracking and not Cointracker IPs though :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg what an idiot, sorry! :grinning:

1 Like

I literally just went through the exact steps. Used the “CoinTracking” IP’s (not noticing different name) and Binance said it was too many IP’s. Have now landed here at this question after searching for more answers. I have put in a CoinTracker ticket to ask now. Keep you posted but if anyone figures it out in the meantime, I appreciate hearing!

I got an answer from the CoinTracker support this morning, here it is :

"We are aware that Binance has sent out emails to users stating that API keys without IP addresses whitelisted and/or older than 90 days are set to be deleted.

We have been able to confirm with Binance that this only affects API keys that have permissions beyond read-only (i.e. the API keys have trading permissions) and as such any Binance API keys that you are using on CoinTracker should be unaffected. This is as long as you have ensured that the API keys you added are read-only.

CoinTracker only requests that you enable read-only permissions on API keys as we do not require more than that and we always want to minimise possible exposure and protect your funds. See our security-page for more details on this.

For reference, the email that Binance may have sent to you is below for reference so you can confirm that this is the same email:

API Key Security Protection in 2 Days ReminderYour API Key ****** is not IP whitelisted and has been inactive for almost 30 days, it will be deleted in 2 days.Visit API ManagementTo avoid this protective deletion, Binance recommends that you whitelist trusted IP address(es) for the API Key to improve your API security. Please do not disclose your API Key to anyone to avoid asset losses. Be aware that your API Key may be disclosed by authorizing it to a third-party platform.

"

So I guess, and hope, that it should all be fine!

Thanks Matbrice. Appreciate this info. :+1:

1 Like