Binance sync is missing transaction types

Hi there,

After adding my Binance exchange account via the API, it seems that Deposits and Withdrawals were not imported. I’m not sure if other types of trades are missing too (e.g. Dust to BNB conversions) but Deposits and Withdrawals are a big necessity to avoid having to manually add them in.

I understand the Binance US API doesn’t support Deposits and Withdrawals but I believe the Binance.com API does. This is based on my experience with a competitor’s offering.

@Macrike — thanks for flagging. This shouldn’t happen with Binance.com so we’ll take a look and see what is going on.

1 Like

Same issue here. Is there a rough time frame when this might be fixed? Just wondering if I should wait or manually add them before filing taxes.

Thanks for the awesome coin tracking site! I’m switching over from CoinTracking.io.

Hi @shred,

Working on getting this updated. Do you mind sharing permission to take a look at your CoinTracker account with feedback@cointracker.io? This will help us get this resolved more quickly.

Not at all! I’m assuming it’s the same option as “Share with accountant”? If so, invite sent.

I went through and manually added my Binance deposits and withdrawals (needed to file taxes). I left a note on each of the manual entries as well as a reminder. An example of one is on NOV 26, 2017 11:07:31 UTC. You can see Coinbase automatically added the withdrawal but the deposit was missing from Binance which I manually added.

Edit: I think there’s something wrong with Binance’s trade and withdrawal/deposit history. For trade history, I still have my CoinTracking.io account and I’m looking at a trade I did on 2018-02-01 with a time stamp of 08:09:38. However, in CoinTracker.io and in my Binance history I just downloaded, it’s showing that same transaction with the same date except a time stamp of 16:09:38. I’m confident the first entry of 08:09:38 is correct (it was imported via API also at the time and it lines up with other times), so I have a feeling somewhere along the lines Binance converted their time stamps on accident.

Additionally, while I can view my withdrawal and deposit history on the Binance website, if I download the withdrawal or deposit history, it’s a blank spreadsheet with just the headers.

Hi @shred,

Not at all! I’m assuming it’s the same option as “Share with accountant”? If so, invite sent.

Actually if you could just email feedback@cointracker.io that would simplest. Thank you!

I went through and manually added my Binance deposits and withdrawals (needed to file taxes). I left a note on each of the manual entries as well as a reminder. An example of one is on NOV 26, 2017 11:07:31 UTC. You can see Coinbase automatically added the withdrawal but the deposit was missing from Binance which I manually added.

Edit: I think there’s something wrong with Binance’s trade and withdrawal/deposit history. For trade history, I still have my CoinTracking.io account and I’m looking at a trade I did on 2018-02-01 with a time stamp of 08:09:38. However, in CoinTracker.io and in my Binance history I just downloaded, it’s showing that same transaction with the same date except a time stamp of 16:09:38. I’m confident the first entry of 08:09:38 is correct (it was imported via API also at the time and it lines up with other times), so I have a feeling somewhere along the lines Binance converted their time stamps on accident.

Thanks for flagging. We will take a look at this.

Additionally, while I can view my withdrawal and deposit history on the Binance website, if I download the withdrawal or deposit history, it’s a blank spreadsheet with just the headers.

As in Binance is returning you a blank deposit/withdrawal history when you download it from them?

Yeah. Again, I can view the deposit/withdrawal history on their website, but when I download it, the spreadsheet just has the headers but everything else is blank (i.e. no deposit/withdrawal history).

Hi @shred, got it — do you mind sharing the blank file with us at feedback@cointracker.io so we can take a look at that as well?

@Macrike, @shred

Looks like Binance changed their API to restrict to only 90 days of deposit/withdrawal history at a time. We’ve updated our system to gracefully handle this so you should see full deposit/withdrawal history working seamlessly as soon your Binance wallet syncs next (or you can force a sync by pressing the “sync wallets” button on the wallets page).

@Chandan,

Thanks! It appears the changes fixed most of the issue but I still have a few missing withdrawal/deposits as mentioned in this thread.

1 Like

@shred — great will take a look at the other thread.