Trader level activity is taxed in Canada as business income. I need to be able to print the full log of all my transactions with details such as:
- Date of purchase of each asset
- Date of selling each asset
- Buying price of each lot/ tx
- Selling price of each lot/ tx
- Fees for each transaction
- Margin loan date and amount
- Margin repayment date and amount
- Margin liquidation, which is apparently taxed as a gain
- Airdrops - taxed as gains
- Staking rewards
- Staking in amount and date
- Staking out amount and date
- Staking fees
- Clear identification of tx between own accounts/ wallets (including Binance Spot <> Margin).
Looks like CT (CoinTracker) handles well 1-5.
For the margin details - I see the loan details that I need in the UI, but if I print the transaction details there is no label indicating loan/repayement. I also don’t know if interest is included in the repayment amount.
#8 - are liquidation amounts labelled as liquidation? It looks to me that these transactions are shown only as regular sales that I would have to label as liquidation amounts, manually.
#9 - airdrops - they don’t seem to be showing for Binance
#10-13 - are all staking details for unsupported pools to be entered manually? Is there a template for that? Maybe including the details I’ve indicated here (10-13).
#14 - Transfers between accounts - not shown in the transactions csv output, but it is shown well in the UI. How do I get those transactions either indicated as transfers between my accounts, in the csv - automatically?