Cannot import CSV

Hello,

I have formatted the CSV exactly like the instructions and example yet it says File import failed. File does not have any transaction rows. Please help

9 Likes

it should state which row/rows are giving the problem when import fails
it’s always the damn date format that gets me

Converting transaction history CSVs to the CoinTracker CSV format | CoinTracker Help Center

2 Likes

Total Newbie here. But, CSV upload only worked after I took all of the ‘-’ and ‘_’ (dashes and underlines in the title of the CSV provided.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I even tried importing their sample template file and it fails with the same error message: “File import failed. File does not have any transaction rows.”

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I can’t even import CoinTrackers sample CSV into an existing wallet. I tried removing the underscores from the default file name without any luck.

If CoinTracker can create a new Import Wallet from Nexo, BlockFi, Robinhood’s CSV file format then why do we need to bother reformatting updates into CoinTracker’s format?

Looks like the only solution is to either manually import all the transactions or delete and recreate the wallet.

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue. I’m a new user and I’m trying to import my Blockfi CSV.
Followed the instructions and keep geting an error. Removed the dashes and underscores and still not working, just a generic error

Blockfi error

3 Likes

Did you ever find out the solution? I cant import Trust wallet or other CSV which are standard yet wont upload. This is a MAJOR BUG and i dont understand why SUPPORT has not replied with a solution or fix??

3 Likes

Check your column labels if you modified the CSV by hand or copy/pasted anything. If you’re using their own format those labels have to be exact match or the parser will choke. If you’re using an exchange format, it appears that some of them are supported out of the box and others aren’t, and the status of that support is not well indicated by the “hints” on the page.

It would be super helpful if cointracker could make sure their hints were actually applicable to the exchange in question and point you to any csv file parse issues instead of just providing a generic error message of course… (or if support ever answered any forum posts for that matter)

5 Likes

I’m having this same problem: “File import failed. File does not have any transaction rows”.

The fact is the format matches their template exactly.

As an experiment I downloaded their own sample CSV file and tried to import it.
Result? “File import failed. File does not have any transaction rows”.
Renamed the file to “test.csv” in line with recommendation above. Same problem.

The importer is broken, please fix it for the love of god.

4 Likes

I’m getting the error “File import failed. Header is invalid” even though I am using the cointracker template file to upload, I did not touch the header row… frustrating. I am using excel to add the transactions to the template. I’m not sure if excel is modifying the csv in some way… I check the header with a text editor and it seems correct.

5 Likes

Same here. It’s insane there is no answers at all by Cointracker on this forum.

5 Likes

I got the same problem and I did changed to the T and won’t work, alway spit out error Date,Received Quantity,Received Currency,Sent Quantity,Sent Currency.
Seem like they can’t fixed it and no one answer, I better move to cointracking.info, they have no problem like this site. I only tried here because its connect with my coinbase account . useless.

4 Likes

The CSV import can be finicky. The format has to be exactly like the template or it will fail. To get it to work I have been importing it into Excel, Copy and pasting or manually changing the data for my transactions to match the setup exactly. If I need more lines I copy and paste additional lines from the sample before changing the data.

Common error I get

File import failed. Error on row #4. Expected all rows to have the same date/time format (MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss).

In the above example row 4 is blank and it should be recognized as the end of the file but it wasn’t. The fix was to highlight from row 4 down to the bottom of the screen and press DEL, This fixed the issue. I’m assuming that the uploader was seeing some sort of formatting even though the fields were blank.

1 Like

For the people mentioning header errors, adding a space at the end of the header line might help: CSV not imprting - #3 by mario

1 Like

Mine only says import failed. No info about what was the problem unless it is listed somewhere I cannot see.

1 Like

I successfully imported (finally!!!) after many tries but there was a transaction missing which I needed to correct and I could not figure out how to do it manually. So, I deleted the wallet, made the correction to my CSV and when I went to import it, now I get the message that there are not any transaction rows. Beyond frustrating.

2 Likes

I went back in the CSV, deleted the row I had added. Then added the row again, saved the file with a different name and then it worked. Very buggy.

1 Like

I actually tried importing the template and that got rejected so I’m not sure what to do here…

1 Like

Please help!
Worked fine for CashApp

I was able to import for Bitforex using the .csv template format. For Kucoin, forget it. Tried modifying file name, header contents, etc, according to various suggestions. No way, always a failure. A more perfect explanation on addressing a common failure would be appreciated…CoinTracker