Coinbase and Coinbase Pro sync causes duplicates

Does syncing with both Coinbase and Coinbase Pro cause duplicate transitions? My holdings in each are correct. But I’ve done very little in Coinbase and it shows a ton of transactions which look like my Coinbase Pro deposits.

I use both and have double checked mine, I’m not seeing this. Can you give more details? Verify dates against the two and see if you can pinpoint doubles for sure. date and quantity / price.

Note, there are a few things in coinbase that are staked or they could be giving you rewards for. Those come in daily for me. But, they’re pretty obvious…

Looks like Coinbase is like used as an edge wallet for Pro. The transactions do say the right wallet on them. So I assume CoinTracker sorts it out?

So I do this (fake amounts) and I see each transaction in both Wallets.
Deposit in PRO $1k
Buy $1k ETH in PRO
Withdraw 1 ETH to Ledger

Coinbase shows:
Coinbase Cash to Coinbase PRO $1k
Coinbase Pro 1 ETH to Coinbase
Coinbase 1 ETH to Ledger.

Coinbase Pro shows:
Coinbase Cash to Coinbase PRO $1k
Buy $1k ETH in PRO
Coinbase Pro 1 ETH to Coinbase

So I looked at my transactions from last week, I did similar but didn’t take to external wallet. My Coinbase Pro wallet shows correctly, like what you are seeing in yours. My coinbase Wallet does mention the cash. Course since I didn’t take out to external wallet… no mention there.

SO, yeah I’m betting to transfer in and out of the coinbase world, they use coinbase itself as swap space. Which I guess is the same assumption you made … Edge wallet…

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. I was just a little alarmed because I basically do nothing in Coinbase only Pro. And I saw a bunch of Coinbase transactions and what at a glance looked like dups.

1 Like