Coinbase fails to load

I am not sure what to do. I add my coinbase account using the API method, and it says it is importing. About 30 second later I get an email saying it failed to import and to check the wallet for details. When I go to wallets, it shows all of my current coinbase balances but no transaction history.

I have tried removing and reloading, syncing, deleting and remaking account now. It still does the same thing. I went into coinbase and ensured that the API was up to date version.

I also tried downloading a full account transaction history CSV and loading it that way, but it errors saying there is no transactions in the CSV, which is not true.

Many other wallets/exchanges have been loaded successfully (before I deleted my account and remade it). There is no point going further is coinbase transactions will not load.

Help please!

2 Likes

Hey @dvs

Thank you for reaching out with this information! I’d love to help with this. Could you please DM me so that I can get this looked at?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

1 Like

They got ahold of me, and said its an issue they knew about but had no ETA on a fix and that was all I heard. I am not holding my breath. It still will not load my account.

As a note, Koinley does load my coinbase account, but I am not thrilled about their UI.

2 Likes

Still not working, no eta to fix. Hoping it gets fixed soon

2 Likes

I’m facing the exact same problem; my Coinbase acct is connected and shows the correct balances per token, but “Never updated”, and 0 transactions synced. I tried removing and re-adding Coinbase several times (including incognito window, removing connection on Coinbase’s side, etc); same issue.

Also importing via CSV is completely broken (like mentioned in other threads - e.g., : "File import failed. File does not have any transaction rows”. I tried with just a couple of lines in the csv and it still didn’t go through, so it seems CoinTracker is expecting a different header, or Coinbase changed the format recently.

I already filled the contact form, but no response (ticket 82899). Seems this is impacting a bunch of folks (see link above), and I’d imagine it’s pretty straightforward to reproduce (at least the csv import). Anyone from CT here that can take a look and expedite? April 18 is rapidly approaching.

Thank you!

1 Like

Exact same here. Doesn’t import. Deleted and re-added. CSV files don’t work, even when I simplify them.

One thing I found that might be related. I have an old coinbase account. On the API page of settings (https://www.coinbase.com/settings/api) I see the API version of the account was set to something from 2016. I updated it and then was disappointed that it didn’t fix anything.

1 Like

Ah, interesting, thanks @wscott. My version says “API Version: 2021-04-18 You’re up-to-date”, even though this API changelog says the latest one is 2021-12-23 (but 2021-04-18 is not listed, so not sure if this changelog is reliable).

Whatever the case, Coinbase offers API versioning, so if CoinTracker implemented it properly, the default version in user’s settings should not make any difference, as they should be specifying which version they want to use.

Well, cryptotaxcalculator.io also loads coinbase just fine. I am not sure i can keep waiting for a solution to a problem no other tax calculation services have.

1 Like