Crypto.com support?

Hi @Gravy,

Is this still the case after you refresh the page? If so, could you please message us at feedback [at] cointracker.io with permission to take a look at your CoinTracker account?

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Crypto dot com exchange API is not read only and cannot be changed so it’s just not secure and I don’t feel great about sharing access (we just met).

I can tell you this though. Other exchanges either synced or exported a .csv files that easily uploaded into CoinTracker. I like the app just want to get this data in.

Crypto dot com does not supports syncing with any crypto accounting software, even the ones it recommends (just try it) and does not make data files available from the exchange app (not the mobile app that’s fine) for personal accounting purposes

Am I missing something? I hope so but so far I have tried every angle.

It’s tax time in Australia and Crypto.com is holding me back right now (OCD).

Does someone there have a Crypto.com Exchange account to see if I am just dumb or even right?

Can you get a .csv file out of that exchange? (not the mobile app).

Sorry I didn’t answer your question.

Before refresh screen it says “Updating” after it says “Never updated”.

Hi @Gravy,

Could you message us at feedback [at] cointracker.io with permission to take a look at your CoinTracker account?

Hi Chandan,

Another mis-attributted transaction type: Staking transaction is left as SENT instead of marked as transfer like the earn ones. Here’s what the line looks like:

Timestamp (UTC),Transaction Description,Currency,Amount,To Currency,To Amount,Native Currency,Native Amount,Native Amount (in USD),Transaction Kind
2020-07-03 06:34:18,MCO Stake,MCO,-500.0,USD,-2139.64,-2139.64,lockup_lock

Thanks,
Carlos

Hi @cacortes,

Is this for the wallet or the exchange?

Crypto.com App Wallet (where they hold the private keys). Same as previous submissions by me.

Thanks!

@cacortes could you send us the Crypto.com Wallet CSV to feedback [at] cointracker.io?

For the guys in this thread using crypto.com and earn, is your coin cost basis showing correctly?

I’m struggling with my BTC cost basis after BTC has been in and out of earn completed periods now.

Hi @someguy,

Is this for the App (wallet) or exchange?

Hey Chandon - the App thanks buddy.

Hi @someguy,

Could you send an email to feedback [at] cointracker.io with the specific problem you are seeing?

Hi. The amount of cro tokens showed on my cointracker is completely wrong. I think it has to do with the mco cro swap . can i get some help

Hi @Whiteneck1,

Could you please send us a screenshot at feedback [at] cointracker.io? Also could you please enable the debug permission on the settings page?

I just imported my Cryto.com CSV and noticed some items related to this thread.

Regarding the swap from MCO to CRO. I had to manually match those up (this isn’t a cointracker issue, their CSV is not the best). I don’t think this should count as a sale though and trigger a gain/loss and taxes. I had to adjust not only the cost basis of the CRO but the proceeds of the MCO to even this out and not show a gain/loss. Maybe I’m wrong here though and a forced exchange should be a taxable event?

For totals not matching up: It’s likely because when you use the “earn” feature, cointracker creates a transfer transaction to “other transactions”. The MCO/CRO swap did not input on the CSV that the CRO you received for any MCO you currently had in “earn” was replaced within the “earn” portion of the app. To fix this, you will have to make a manual transaction transfering the MCO you had in “earn” from “other transaction” wallet back to the “imported Cryto.com wallet”. Then you will need to create another manual transfer transaction from “imported crypto.com wallet” to “other transactions” for the CRO you received.

In regards to bonus CRO from doing the exchange early, it did put that in it’s own transaction luckily, so I just marked that as “airdrop”.

I just made another post about cost basis issues, but one of them is with the Cryto.com CSV imports. The #'s just don’t match up. I had to manually adjust the cost basis of all of my purchases to match what the CSV showed. I am not sure where Cointracker is getting their cost basis on these, but it’s not from the CSV.

Hi @Radavan,

Thanks for the detailed follow-up. Please see comments below:

Regarding the swap from MCO to CRO. I had to manually match those up (this isn’t a cointracker issue, their CSV is not the best). I don’t think this should count as a sale though and trigger a gain/loss and taxes. I had to adjust not only the cost basis of the CRO but the proceeds of the MCO to even this out and not show a gain/loss. Maybe I’m wrong here though and a forced exchange should be a taxable event?

Since the old coin is being deprecated and rolled into the new coin, it does seem like a reasonable approach to make this a non-taxable coin swap. Do you mind sharing the CSV with us at feedback [at] cointracker.io so that we can see what is going on?

For totals not matching up: It’s likely because when you use the “earn” feature, cointracker creates a transfer transaction to “other transactions”. The MCO/CRO swap did not input on the CSV that the CRO you received for any MCO you currently had in “earn” was replaced within the “earn” portion of the app. To fix this, you will have to make a manual transaction transfering the MCO you had in “earn” from “other transaction” wallet back to the “imported Cryto.com wallet”. Then you will need to create another manual transfer transaction from “imported crypto.com wallet” to “other transactions” for the CRO you received.

Thanks for flagging this. We’ll work on fixing.

In regards to bonus CRO from doing the exchange early, it did put that in it’s own transaction luckily, so I just marked that as “airdrop”.

:ok_hand:t5:

I just made another post about cost basis issues, but one of them is with the Cryto.com CSV imports. The #'s just don’t match up. I had to manually adjust the cost basis of all of my purchases to match what the CSV showed. I am not sure where Cointracker is getting their cost basis on these, but it’s not from the CSV.

I’ll address this in your other post.

Note: there is no IRS guidance on this issue so this is informational only and not to be meant as tax advice.

You can get you .csv for the exchange but you need to goto the app, then select “exchange” from your accounts and in the top right is a little clock button which is your transaction history.

I am in the process of trying to import this .csv file, as the API only syncs 3 months worth of data. It seems however that the coimtracker system doesn’t format it correctly. When I select Add new Wallet > Search for Crypto.com Exchange > select manual input > upload the file, then it doesn’t parse correctly.

Hi @theotherphil,

Could you share the unedited file that fails to upload with feedback [at] cointracker.io?

I get this error when attempting to import Crypto.com transactions:

crypto_transactions_record_20201218_095631.csv

Failed to parse CSV. The CSV does not have the right headers in the first row. Headers should be Date, Received Quantity, Received Currency, Sent Quantity, Sent Currency.

@R3D could you please send us the unedited original Crypto.com Wallet CSV?