Kucoin and Bittrex imports not working

Hello,

I followed the instructions to import my Kucoin and Bittrex transactions today (Kucoin was really painful to download in 100-day increments, btw – their date-selector widget isn’t great). When I imported both CSV files, CoinTracker said it couldn’t parse them. Any idea what’s up?

PS the “contact us” link in the Growl notification when this happens is broken too, and doesn’t do anything (I’m on latest Chrome / OSX)

I’m also a little confused about the Bittrex messaging: "Automatically pulling your trades and withdrawals is currently limited to 30 days prior to adding your Bittrex account. "

I added my Bittrex account to Cointracker years ago, but I actually see a few transactions from 2019. Are they automatically pulled now?

Hi @tiegz,

Sorry for the confusion here — we are going to work on clarifying how KuCoin and Bittrex integrations work. The complexity comes from the incompleteness of their APIs. As temporary workarounds, here’s what you can do:

KuCoin
Unfortunately KuCoin makes tracking your transactions much more difficult than other exchanges. Here’s what you need to do:

• KuCoin : KuCoin recently stopped supporting syncing for transactions before 2/18/2019. In order to sync your full transaction history: (1) Connect your KuCoin API key, (2) Download your trade history from KuCoin and add it to your KuCoin (unedited) following the onscreen instructions, (3) Download your withdrawals and deposits from KuCoin and reformat them to match our generic template, (4) add the withdrawals/deposits to your KuCoin wallet by selecting “Import Transactions” and uploading the file

Bittrex
Unlike other exchanges, unfortunately Bittrex makes it difficult to do your taxes. To get your transactions added to CoinTracker:

1. Add the Bittrex API key (this adds your full deposit history and your last three months of trade history to CoinTracker)
  2. From the wallets page, next to Bittrex, select the dropdown > “Import Trade History” and uploaded the unedited Bittrex Trade History CSV (this adds the rest of your trade history to CoinTracker)
  3. Edit your Bittrex withdrawals CSV to match our generic CSV format
  4. From the wallets page, next to Bittrex wallet, select from the dropdown > “Import Transactions” and add the edited withdrawal CSV

If you find all of these steps for Bittrex annoying like we do, please like/re-Tweet.

Like tiegz said I added my Bittrex account to Cointracker years ago, but I actually see a few transactions from 2019. Are they automatically pulled now?

Its still a little confusing on if I have to add withdrawals manually since I added bittrex over a year ago. Also if they are withdrawn to a place like coinbase so we even have to add them since that one is done automatic? Thanks and have a great night

Hey @zac,

Like tiegz said I added my Bittrex account to Cointracker years ago, but I actually see a few transactions from 2019. Are they automatically pulled now?

Bittrex’s API is super strange but it pulls in:

• Rolling three months of trade history
  • All deposits
  • No withdrawals

This is why we ask that you supplement the API with all your withdrawals and your trades for beyond three months earlier than when you added the API (we automatically de-duplicate if you just add your full trade history).

Since we store your transactions that have been pulled, you should see your trade history for the entire duration you have had Bittrex synced + 3 months before that date.

Its still a little confusing on if I have to add withdrawals manually since I added bittrex over a year ago.

Does it make sense now?

Also if they are withdrawn to a place like coinbase so we even have to add them since that one is done automatic?

Adding Coinbase will show the deposit side of the transfer. You still need to add the withdrawal side from Bittrex so that the full history is completed (otherwise there will just be a dangling receive transaction in Coinbase with no withdrawal to match it with).

Thanks and have a great night

You too!

I think I got it now, thanks man!

Thanks Chandan, that’s very helpful.

One more note:

1. Edit your Bittrex withdrawals CSV to match our generic CSV format

It looks like there’s no way to download a CSV for Withdrawal History from Bittrex right now. Here’s what their Support page says:

Bittrex will only display a limited amount of your deposit and withdrawal history on our website. To get a full copy of your deposit or withdrawal history, you will need to file a support ticket. … It may take up to a week to fulfill the request.

That’s pretty frustrating, and makes me want to shutdown my Bittrex account. I’ll just manually import them by hand into Cointracker for now.

Anyway, thanks for the fast support!

Sorry about that, Bittrex reporting leaves … something to be desired :confused:

The manual addition should get you what you need for tax reporting for now.