Ledger ETH wallet - cant be imported because of zero balance?

hi all -

I’m trying to add an ETH wallet from a Ledger device. This wallet has a single transaction where I sent a bit of ETH just to test the system out. I am following the instructions and from what I’m understanding, I just need to provide the wallet address from the to: address for that one transaction. When I check that transaction on etherscan I see the correct info, tons of validations, and the same :to address.

But when I add it to cointracker I get the error: The address can’t be added because it has zero transactions. Learn More.

Now sure what to do with this. There’s just the one transaction, so I’m a little stumped. Any help much appreciated!

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. Trying to add an eth wallet with a balance and multiple transactions and I continue to get this error. Must be a bug as I have multiple other eths being imported with no problem.

2 Likes

Yea and I see others with the same issue and no support from cointracker.

Are there any other cold storage solutions that work with cointracker? I just got the ledger and can send it back, still. I just want something to work consistently and other than this I am really liking cointracker.

2 Likes

Same issue here, so bumping for visibility. EthScan shows two transfers into my ledger address and these are years old so they are clearly verified. But I get the same error “The address can’t be added because it has zero transactions”

@PaxALotl I don’t think this is a ledger issue. It must be an issue with how they load transactions from a public address. The public address literally has no relationship to the ledger. It might as well be a paper wallet address.

1 Like

I have the same issue importing transactions

Well, I can enter it as a public wallet address or a ledger wallet, but it’s kind of the same, isn’t it?

Anyways, when I put the same wallet address into a different tax tracking system that I’m also trying out, it works fine.

1 Like