Moved to Puerto Rico (Act 60) - How to Handle?

Hi there,

I am a loyal / veteran CoinTracker user. I have used the service to compute and file crypto taxes for the 2019 and 2020 taxable years and I would like to do the same for 2021.

On Jan. 1 2021, I moved from the U.S. to Puerto Rico and received an Act 60 decree. So my tax situation has changed. (e.g. 0% on capital gains going forward).

I did not sell all of my assets and buy them back while moving to Puerto Rico because I wanted to avoid the taxable events (the “exit tax” was untenable). So I have held most of it through the move, but have traded some of it. Therefore, while most of my position is untouched, I have realized a gain/loss on some of it. I have also bought some additional crypto assets while living in Puerto Rico, and am storing those assets on the same addresses (in hindsight, maybe “mixing” PR assets with US assets on the same addresses was a mistake?).

So… I’m trying to figure out how to use the CoinTracker platform to compute my taxes for the 2021 taxable year, given that I have a “mixed” tax situation, for lack of a better term.

For example, when CoinTracker computes the gain/loss, it is simply using the price of the asset on the day that I sold it to compute the gain/loss. However, I would like to tell the CoinTracker software that I moved to Puerto Rico on Jan 1. 2021, so that it can properly compute pre-move capital gains separately from post-move gains.

Any help / advice on this is appreciated.

Thank you!

2SPLAT