Send Transaction: status?

Hi Chandan,

I have a send transaction and there is a CG associated.
This should not be accounted in the Portfolio anymore right?

I have other send transactions that were sent to exchanges.
I closed my account for those exchanges. I don’t have the trade history.
Most of it was bad investment where I lost 90% of the value. How to account for those losses?
Because it was not a payment as for the other transaction mentioned above.

Hi @JN,

I have a send transaction and there is a CG associated.
This should not be accounted in the Portfolio anymore right?

A send transaction has a capital gain (or loss) associated with the delta between the fair market value at the time of the send (proceeds) minus the fair market value at the time of acquisition (cost basis).

If the transaction is manual/imported in an imported wallet or “Other Transactions” (manual) wallet, or synced transaction from a wallet/exchange then the balance should also be removed from the overall portfolio.

If the transaction is a manual/imported transaction in a synced wallet/exchange, then it will NOT change the current balance of that wallet (because those coins are still in the wallet, as those are being pulled directly from the blockchain / exchange.

I have other send transactions that were sent to exchanges.
I closed my account for those exchanges. I don’t have the trade history.
Most of it was bad investment where I lost 90% of the value. How to account for those losses?
Because it was not a payment as for the other transaction mentioned above.

You can mark these sends as lost/stolen.

Thanks.

The BTC transaction is a send transaction from the Kraken BTC wallet. It’s synced thr. API.
I will assume since it is a send transaction therefore it has the left the Portfolio.
And as such it is not included in the balance anymore.

1 Like

That’s right

:+1:t5: that’s right