Stuck, what to do next

I have managed to link my Coinbase and Coinbase pro accounts and the data is now coming through to coin tracker.

For example I can see 50 transactions, 10 sent and 10 received.

Do I now need to “tag” these transactions individually as gift, loss, payment and transfer etc?

I haven’t got any earnings from staking, forks etc but I have cashed out to my bank account which shows in “10 sent” area, do I need to tag them as “transfer” or leave them untagged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @eksik,

Welcome to CoinTracker! You can go ahead and all your exchanges and off-exchange wallets. Once you’ve done that, buys, sells, trades, transfers will all automatically be detected.

What you need to do manually is tag:

• Airdrops
  • Forks
  • Gifts
  • Lost/stolen crypto
  • Mining rewards
  • Payments
  • Staking rewards

The rest is automated.

@Chandan thank you. Can I triple check what “payments” and “transfers” mean and when to tag these?

have cashed out to my bank account which shows in “10 sent” area, do I need to tag them as “transfer” or leave them untagged?

one last thing, some off-exchange wallets I no longer have access to do I still need to add these to coin tracker?

Payment means you provided a good/service to someone and in exchange they paid you crypto (income).

Transfer means you moved crypto between your own wallets / exchanges (non-taxable).

Assuming it is a fiat transfer, you can leave untagged since fiat transfers have no taxable impact. If it is a crypto transfer, then you should mark the transaction as transfer

Yes. If you don’t have the wallet addresses, mark all the transfers to/from those wallets as transfer