Unknown currency: TGBP

Hello there, I’m trying to record a new stablecoin investment but the system doesn’t seem to know TrueGBP/TGBP. Every possibility I’m being a moron, but could the True… tokens from TrustToken be added?

Nobody out there with an opinion on this? Just a confirmation that I’m not a moron (if applicable) and a tentative timetable for adding the True… family of coins (TUSD is already there). Thanks.

Hi @robr,

You’re not being a moron :slight_smile:

We automatically add new tokens/coins as they get listed on mainstream exchanges and get picked up by our data pipelines (e.g. Nomics). In the meantime, we are also working on a feature that will allow you to add any custom coin and we’ll let you know as soon as this is available.

Phew, that’s a relief (the moron thing).

Thanks for getting back to me. I look forward to the custom thing and for now I’ll keep a very boring two-row spreadsheet just for TGBP.

1 Like

Hi @robr,

You can now add any currency from the settings page:

On the Custom Currency page go ahead and add whichever coins you would like to track that aren’t natively supported. You can then add them like you would any other coin.

1 Like

Hi Chandan, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for the update.

But…, I’m not sure at the moment it will be of much use. Without pricing information it seems (and the moron proviso still applies) that the token is regarded as having zero value, since my portfolio shows a decrease in value, equal to the initial cost of the tokens.

For now I’ll just take the token out of Cointracker as I originally suggested, but if there’s some magic incantation let me know. And as ever, thanks for your speedy help with this, much appreciated.

EDIT: just checked - and I was wrong to blame the lack of pricing, since that is configured in Settings/Custom Currency with the approximate GBPUSD rate. So the bigger question is why does the transfer show up as a big negative value rather than just a net change of the fee for the transfer? I’d created a “wallet” for my GBP holdings (actually a real-life old-school bricks and mortar bank account), created a fake “Receive” for the current balance of that account, then created a transfer between that wallet and the wallet representing the destination for the minted coins.

Hi @robr,

Could you send us a screenshot of what you mean to feedback [at] cointracker.io with permission to take a look at your CoinTracker account?